Cookies, web beacons, and your Privacy
"Cookies" are small files placed on the hard drive of your computer. Most cookies are "session cookies," meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive once you sign out from Shopping.com or close your web browser.
- Promoting and enforcing trust and safety
- Allowing you to enter your password less frequently
- Remembering your preferences
- Presenting information that's targeted to your interests
- Measuring the effectiveness of our sites, services, content, and advertising
- Facilitating conversation threads and other services on discussion boards (these cookies are placed by our board service providers)
A "web beacon" is an electronic image placed in the code of a web page. We use web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one Shopping.com page to another and to improve site performance.
Your choices about cookies
We use Flash cookies, which are cookies written with Flash technology, to help ensure that your account security is not compromised and to spot irregularities in behavior to prevent your account from being fraudulently taken over.
We may work with other companies who place cookies or web beacons on our websites. These companies help operate our websites and provide you with additional products and services. They are subject to confidentiality agreements with Shopping.com and other legal restrictions. Shopping.com does not permit any of these companies to collect personal information using cookies or web beacons on our websites.
We don't permit third-party content on Shopping.com (such as item listings) to include cookies or web beacons. If you believe a listing might be collecting personal information or using cookies, please report it to Customer Support.